- Saturday 25 April 1998
- Public Observatory Bussloo
- Start: 10:00; end: 17:00
- Preliminary Programme
- "Chinese" diner afterwards at a restaurant nearby
On September 23, 1995 twenty DMS meteorobservers gather at the public observatory at Bussloo in advance of the DMS Leonids/alfa Monocerotids expedition to Spain. Note the photographic and video-equipment in front of the observers for three Dutch station and the Spanish station in Andalucia. (Photo by Kees Roos)
- 10.00 : Welcome, set up equipment, hang up posters. Informal talks. Coffee plus.
- 12.00 : Opening and start of programme.
- 12.00 : Marco Langbroek : The Draconids 1998 : the forgotten stream?.
- 12.30 : Hans Betlem : Our DMS-journal "Radiant" in the electronic age.
- 13.00 : Lunch. Soup will be served. Don't forget to bring other kinds of food yourself!
- 14.00 : Marc de Lignie : The Geminids. Results from photographic- and videowork, followed by a brainstorm discussion.
- 14.30 : Casper ter Kuile and Carl Johannink : The Leonids 1998 Expedition. Current status, plans and predictions, followed by a brainstorm discussion.
- 15.20 : Teabreak. Groupphoto.
- 16.15 : Sirko Molau : German plans for the Leonids 1998 in Mongolia.
- 17.00 : Closing.
- From 18.00 onwards we gather at the Chinese restaurant "de Lange Muur" in Deventer, close to the railway station.
Please contact Hans Betlem for any further information: 071 - 5 22 38 17.
On saturday April 25 from 08:00 by GSM: 06 - 54 63 60 33.
We hope many of you will join us in Bussloo and we wish everybody a happy and interesting meeting, especially with future activities in mind.
Please stay tuned: this information will be updated regularly!
How to find the Public Observatory "Bussloo"
|This page was last modified on April 20, 1998 by
Casper ter Kuileand Hans Betlem