Contact Information Preliminary programme How to find the Europlanetarium Links to interesting Belgium websites
On September 23, 1995 twenty DMS meteorobservers gather at the public observatory at Bussloo in advance of the DMS Leonids/alfa Monocerotids expedition to Spain. Note the photographic and video-equipment in front of the observers for three Dutch station and the Spanish station in Andalucia. (Photo by Kees Roos)
- 10h30: Entrance permitted, informal talks and visit the exhibition
- 11h15: Overview of visual meteorobservations of the VVS of the last two years by Hendrik Vandenbruaene
- 12h00: The Mbale meteoritefall in Uganda, 1992 by Hans Betlem. (some Mbale meteorites will be on exhibition)
- 13h00: Lunch
- 14h00: The Leonids 1998/1999 Airborne Mission by Dr. Peter Jenniskens, NASA-Ames
- 14h45: Short break
- 15h00: Meteorphotography, equipment and results (with demonstrations) by Casper ter Kuile. Videofilm of the Leonids 1999
- 15h30: Coffeebreak
- 16h00: New type of radiation of bright Leonid meteors above 130 km by Hans Betlem
- 16h30: Workshops meteorphotography and visual work. (parallelsessions, attendents should register)
- 18h00: Closing
- From 18.00 onwards we will head for dinner at a fine Belgium restaurant
Please contact Jean-Marie Biets for any further information:
Jean-Marie Biets Zoutleeuwsesteenweg 158, 3803 Wilderen Tel: +32-11-672613 GSM: +32-496-751845 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgWe hope many of you will join us in Genk and we wish everybody a happy and interesting meeting, especially with future activities in mind.
Please stay tuned: this information will be updated regularly!
How to find the Europlanetarium
The Europlanetarium is easily reached from exit 32 of highway E314 (Antwerp - Aachen). Follow direction "recreatieoord Kattevennen" (tourist site) or "St.Jansziekenhuis" (Hospital). The entrance of "recreatieoord Kattevennen" is at the opposite of the Hospital.
Links to interesting sites
|This page was last modified on March 16, 2000 by
Jean-Marie Biets and Casper ter Kuile