Geminids 2004 - Video observations
DMS Geminid Expedition 2004 to the Kahler Asten, Winterberg, Sauerland, Germany
Technical characteristics of the video image intensifier system used at the Kahler Asten:
- Mullard XX1332 second generation Inverting MicroChannel Plate (MCP). Image Intensifier with 50 mm input window, 40 mm output window and integral power supply
- Canon 1.2/55 mm aspherical lens
- Panasonic NV-DA1 digital video camera (mini DV PAL)
- Field of view with 50 mm lens and 24 x 36 mm negative: 47 degrees.
- Field of view with 50 mm lens and 40 mm output window: 44 degrees.
7 mini DV tapes of 1 hour each have been applied to obtain video recording of the Geminids 2004.
Aiming point throughout the observing period: RA = 04h30m ; DC = 0° (this is the center of Orion).
The table below lists start and end times of the tapes. All times in [UT].
Tape No. Start End 1 20:21 21:23 2 21:27 22:29 3 22:33 23:35 4 23:37 00:39 5 00:43 01:45 6 01:52 02:54 7 03:07 03:50 Please have some patience, more real videodata will become available in the days ahead! Thank you!
|This page was last modified on January 7, 2005 by
Carl Johannink and Casper ter Kuile