Introducing the Dutch Meteor Society
- Oktober 1988 : DMS in alert for the reentry of the Sowjet Cosmos 1900 satellite
- 1-2 april 1989 : DMS celebrates its 10 anniversary
- 7 April 1990 : research on the orbit of the Glanerbrug meteorite fall
- 11-15 December 1990 : two DMS groups observed the Geminids from the Provence: over 100 high precision Geminid orbits gathered in only 4 nights!
- 12-15 December 1991 : very succesful DMS Geminid campaign from the Netherlands
- 14 August 1992-present: research on the large Mbale meteorite fall and strewnfield, Uganda
- 19 August 1992 : DMS investigates the "big bang" over the northern part of Holland.
- 12/13 August 1992 : DMS-members observed this year's Perseid-outburst from the border of Germany, France and Switzerland by means of a so called crash-action
- 8-13 August 1993 : Four DMS groups observed the famous Perseid outburst of this year from the Provence: over 150 high precision orbits from the outburst component gathered
- 29 May 1994 : Investigations concerning the big daylight fireball over the Northsea
- 3/4 January 1995 : Observers in the Netherlands experienced one of the finest Quandrantid displays ever: 40 high precision Quadrantid orbits gathered in one single night
- 23 September 1995 : DMS-members gathered at VSB to make final decisions on the Leonid/Alpha Monocerotid expedition 1995 to Spain; Radiant no. 100 presented!
- 18 November 1995 : DMS-members in Spain observe a higher than normal activity of the Leonids with many bright meteors
- 22 November 1995 : DMS-members observe the alfa-Monocerotid outburst in Andalucia, Spain.
- 21/22 April 1996 : A Lyrid fireball has been captured multistation by image intensified video
- 11 August 1996 : DMS-members observe the still enhanced activity of the Perseids
- 16/17 November 1996 : the DMS "crash-teams" Delphinus/Astra observe the famous Leonid outburst in France
- 13/14 December 1996 : Very succesfull GEMINID observing campaign in the Netherlands
- 4 - 13 August 1997 : Best Perseid observing campaign ever in DMS history in the Netherlands: all nights clear!
- 17/18 November 1997 : Highly succesfull observations (Visual, Photographic, Video and Radar) of the Leonids in California (USA)
- 7 - 22 November 1998 : Sino-Dutch Leonid Expedition 1998: Greatest expedition in DMS history!
- 19 april 1999 : DMS celebrated its 20st anniversary.
- 17/18 November 1999 : Succesfull Spanish expedition Leonids 1999 gathered 1800 photographic records of the 1999 leonid storm.
|This page was last modified on April 5, 2000 by
info (at) dmsweb.org and webmaster (at) dmsweb.org